1. Asafa Powell of Jamaica ____________ the world 100-meter record with a time of 9.74 seconds in Italy in September.
A. lowed B. lowered C. slowed D. slew
2. Germany became the first team in ____________ to defend the title at the Women’s World Cup after beating Brazil 2-0 in the final on Sept. 30th.
A. the history B. a history C. history D. an history
3. FIFA ended its policy of rotating the hosting of World Cups through its six_____________ confederations from the 2018 World Cup finals.
A. continental B. continent C. continentally D. continence
4. For the third time in four years, Federer walked away with three of the four majors and now stands only two slams short of Pete Sampras’overall _________ of 14.
A. memory B. recognition C. recorder D. record
5. World record hurdler Liu Xiang and 100 meters sprinter Asafa Powell are _______ of picking up gold medals in their respective events at next year’s Olympic Games in Beijing.
A. intelligent B. talent C. confident D. hopeful
6. Pratibha Patil, former Rajasthan Governor, was elected as India’s first woman president in a contest in which she _______ current Vice President Bhairon Singh Shekhawat.
A. defeat B. won C. beaten D. beat
1. Australian scientists are trying to give kangaroo-style s____ to cattle and sheep in a bid to cut the emission of greenhouse gases blamed for global w
    下一页